Related Food Videos:
A new way to enjoy guacamole! Photo
Guacamole is popular party fare. But for a sophisticated cocktail party, you don’t want to dip tortilla chips.
Turn that guac into something special with this recipe from Top Chef Masters winner Rick Bayless, owner of Chicago’s Frontera Grill and Topolobampo restaurants.
RECIPE: CHERRY TOMATOES WITH
PUMPKIN SEED GUACAMOLE
– 30-40 large cherry tomatoes
– 3-4 avocados
– ½ cup Frontera Guacamole Mix (or make your own
– ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
– Salt to taste
– ½ cup pepitas (toasted pumpkin seeds) and/or
crumbled cooked bacon
1. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise. Gently scoop out the pulp and seeds of each tomato half.
2. Lightly salt the insides of the tomatoes and turn over onto paper towel. Let sit to drain out the liquid.
3. To make the guacamole, cut each avocado in half. Remove the pit and scoop out the flesh from each half. Mash the avocado with a potato masher or fork. Stir in guacamole mix, cilantro and salt to taste.
4. Using a small spoon, fill each tomato half with guacamole. Place on serving tray.
5. Garnish with three pepitas or crumbled bacon. Or, alternate toppings on the tray.
Makes 60-80 hors d’oeuvre.
Find more of our favorite hors d’oeuvre recipes and an hors d’oeuvre estimator: how many pieces do you need per guest.
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection