THE NIBBLE BLOG
Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty Foods
Also visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Related Food Videos:
Gourmet cheese steak. Photo courtesy
Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery.
Here’s a simple idea but delicious to garnish a plain grilled strip steak with a dense creamy, aged artisan goat cheese and a fig demi-glaze. Think of it as a gourmet cheese steak.
The recipe, courtesy of Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery, uses the Creamery’s Coupole cheese. If you can’t find Coupole, substitute a similar goat cheese. If you’re not a goat cheese fan, try Camembert or Baby Brie.
Grilled New York Strip Steaks With Coupole
& Fig Demi-Glaze
– ½ cup fig jam or spread
– ¾ cup Port wine
– 1 cup unsalted beef broth
– 4 New York strip steaks or sirloin steaks
– Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
– 1 Coupole or other dome or pyramid goat cheese
1. Start sauce a half hour before grilling.
2. Put the fig jam, Port wine and beef broth together in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until it has reduced by half.
3. Meanwhile light the grill. Salt and pepper steaks on both sides and cook to desired doneness.
4. One minute before the steaks are finished, place a slice of Coupole on each steak and close the lid until the cheese starts to melt and steaks are done.
5. Allow steak to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper if necessary.
6. Serve with the sauce on the side or drizzled over the top. If desired, garnish with an unmelted slice of cheese.
What’s the difference between a strip steak and a New York strip steak?
New York strip steak, New York steak, boneless strip steak, Kansas City strip, shell steak and top loin are all the same piece of meat!
Learn your cuts of beef in our Beef Glossary, one of THE NIBBLE’s most popular articles.
Also check out our Lamb Glossary and Pork Glossary.
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection
© Copyright 2005-2016 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.