|Where did some of the nation’s top chefs and restaurateurs have their best meals of 2009?
Participants in a survey conducted by Opinionated About included Dan Barber (Blue Hill, New York), “No Reservations” host Anthony Bourdain, Sean Brock (McCrady’s Charleston, SC), Michael Carlson (Schwa, Chicago), David Chang (Momofuku, New York), Daniel Humm (Eleven Madison Park, New York), Gale Gand (Tru, Chicago), Krista Kern Darjelais (Bresca, Portland, ME), Paul Liebrandt (Corton, New York), Thomas Keller (French Laundry, Napa Valley), Danny Meyer (Union Square Hospitality Group, New York), Daniel Patterson (Coi, San Francisco), Eric Ripert (Le Bernardin, New York), Anna Sortun (Oleana, Cambridge, MA) and Cindy Wolf (Charleston, Baltimore, MD).
Responses range from casual to fine dining establishments around the world. Restaurants named most frequently include:
- Aldea, New York City, Chef George Mendes
- Corton, New York City, Chef Paul Liebrandt
- Ferraro Bociarent, Spain, Chef Paco Morales
- Marea/Alto New York City, Chef Michael White
- McCrady’s Charleston, South Carolina, Chef Sean Brock
- Mugaritz Errenteria, Spain, Chef Adoni Aduriz
- Noma, Copenhagen, Denmark, Chef Rene Redzepi
- Ubuntu Napa, California, Chef Jeremy Fox
A new take on linguine and clam sauce.
Photo courtesy of Chef George Mendes,
Aldea restaurant, New York City.