|Directions: Place simple syrup and mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass. Press gently with a muddler. Fill with cracked ice. Add rum and lime juice. Stir gently and top off with Champagne. Garnish with a mint sprig.
Revolutionary Road Rum
– 1 ounce rum
– 3/4 ounce blood orange puree
– 1/2 ounce citrus-infused simple syrup
– Garnish with lime-mint foam, or sprig of mint and lime wheel
Directions: Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass. Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Top with lime-mint foam. Created by Anna Kimball, Rum Socialite, Chicago .
Benjamin Button’s Age Reverser
– 2 ounces rum
– 1 ounce pomegranate juice (see our favorite pomegranate juices)
– 3/4 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
– Dash simple syrup
– Garnish with pomegranate seeds or lemon peel twist
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, combine. Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into martini glass. Garnish with pomegranate seeds or lemon twist.
Harvey’s Rum & Milk
– 1-1/4 ounces rum
– 2 ounces pineapple juice
– 1 ounce coconut milk
– 1/2 ounce orange juice
– 1/2 ounce dark rum
Directions: Combine rum, pineapple juice, coconut milk and orange juice into a mixing glass. Add ice and shake vigorously. Pour all contents into a highball glass. Top with a float of dark rum.
Best Cocktail in a Supporting Role
– 2 ounces rum
– 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
– 2 tablespoons honey
Directions: Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass. Stir until honey has dissolved completely. Pour into a rocks glass filled with ice.