It doesn’t take much to turn a bowl of carrot
|Take a minute to garnish, and a bowl of soup will never be “just a bowl of soup” again. Just use one or more of these garnish groups, mixing and matching as appropriate for the recipe:
- Bread: Artisan bread, crackers, croutons, flatbread, pita, toast
- Dairy: Crème fraîche, grated/shaved cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, yogurt, quark
- Herbs & Spices: Fresh herbs taste best, but dried herbs as a backup
- Fruit: Apple slices, dried berries and cherries, fresh berries, grapes, lemon and lime slices, melon balls, pear slices, diced pineapple
- Vegetables: Cooked or raw to match the soup, e.g. a broccoli floret or carrot slice atop broccoli or carrot soup
Read the full article, with suggestions for 21 different soups.
Find garnish ideas for other types of food in our article, Garnish Glamour.
Related Food Videos: For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.