It doesn’t take much to turn a bowl of carrot
|Take a minute to garnish, and a bowl of soup will never be “just a bowl of soup” again. Just use one or more of these garnish groups, mixing and matching as appropriate for the recipe:
– Bread: Artisan bread, crackers, croutons, flatbread, pita, toast
– Dairy: Crème fraîche, grated/shaved cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, yogurt, quark
– Herbs & Spices: Fresh herbs taste best, but dried herbs as a backup
– Fruit: Apple slices, dried berries and cherries, fresh berries, grapes, lemon and lime slices, melon balls, pear slices, diced pineapple
– Vegetables: Cooked or raw to match the soup, e.g. a broccoli floret or carrot slice atop broccoli or carrot soup
|Read the full article, with suggestions for 21 different soups.
Find garnish ideas for other types of food in our article, Garnish Glamour.
Related Food Videos: For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.