|Would you go to a swill party? That’s swill, not swell. One manufacturer is selling a Swill® Wine Tasting Party kit as a fun and casual way to conduct a blind wine tasting. It’s targeted to people who enjoy wine but aren’t very knowledgeable about it. Or apparently, very knowledgeable about the meaning of the word, swill.Excuse us for recoiling, but here are some dictionary definitions for swill (these from Dictionary.com):
1. liquid or partly liquid food for animals, esp. kitchen refuse given to swine; hogwash
2. kitchen refuse in general; garbage
3. any liquid mess, waste, or refuse; slop
4. a deep draught of liquor
5. contemptibly worthless utterance or writing; drivel
6. to drink greedily or excessively
7. to drink (something) greedily or to excess; guzzle
8. to feed (animals) with swill: to swill hogs
The SWILL Wine Tasting Party Kit has
everything you’ll need to host a wine
tasting party for eight.
The word is also used to refer to human food of very poor quality, e.g., “I can’t believe they served us that swill!” We don’t eat or drink swill. However, if you find this concept clever, or think it will make a good joke gift (at $24.99), you can order a wine-tasting kit at SwillParty.com.
Related Food Videos: For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.