A turkey burger buys you nothing over a regular burger at Ruby Tuesday’s (shown). In fact, the turkey burger has 1,145 calories.
|Men’s Health Magazine has come up with a list of the 20 worst foods on American menus, based on calorie and fat count. Most of these individual items have as many calories as the average woman should eat in a day. It’s a shocker—900 calories for a smoothies, 2,000 for a chicken entrée, 2,900 calories for cheese fries! As reported by WTLX.com, the website of a Texas television station, they are, in no specific order:
– Worst fast food chicken: Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips from McDonald’s (5 pieces) with creamy ranch sauce (830 calories)
– Worst drink: Jamba Juice Chocolate Moo’d Power Smoothie (30 fl oz, 900 calories)
– Worst supermarket meal: Pepperidge Farm Roasted Chicken Pot Pie (whole pie, 1,020 calories)
– Worst “healthy” burger: Ruby Tuesday Bella Turkey Burger (1,145 calories)
|– Worst Mexican entrée: Chipotle Mexican Grill Chicken Burrito (1,179 calories) (gosh, a chicken burrito sounds like the healthy alternative)
– Worst kids meal: Macaroni Grill Double Macaroni ‘n’ Cheese (1,210 calories)
– Worst sandwich: Quiznos Classic Italian (large, 1,528 calories)
– Worst salad: On the Border Grande Taco Salad with Taco Beef (1,450 calories)
– Worst burger: Carl’s Jr. Double Six Dollar Burger (1,520 calories)
– Worst steak: Lonestar 20 oz T-bone (1,540 calories, with baked potato and lettuce wedge, 2,700 calories)
– Worst breakfast: Bob Evans Caramel Banana Pecan Cream Stacked and Stuffed Hotcakes (gosh, you don’t need to be an R.D. to figure out this one, at 1,540 calories)
– Worst dessert: Chili’s Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream (1,600 calories)
– Worst Chinese entrée: P.F. Chang’s Pork Lo Mein (1,820 calories)
– Worst chicken entrée: Chili’s Honey Chipotle Crispers with Chipotle Sauce (2,040 calories)
– Worst fish entrée: On the Border Dos XX Fish Tacos with Rice and Beans (2,100 calories)
– Worst pizza: Uno Chicago Grill Chicago Classic Deep Dish Pizza (2,310 calories)
– Worst pasta: Macaroni Grill Spaghetti and Meatballs with Meat Sauce (2,430 calories)
– Worst nachos: On the Border Stacked Border Nachos (2,740 calories)
– Worst starter: Chili’s Awesome Blossom (2,710 calories)
– Worst food in America: Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing (2,900)
Read the whole, sad story here. For truly healthy foods, visit the Diet Nibbles and NutriNibbles Sections of THE NIBBLE online magazine.
Related Food Videos: For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.