|Got leftovers? If you’re still looking at turkey, here’s an easy way to use it up and start Monday with a clean slate: A turkey melt. This recipe for a gourmet turkey melt is courtesy of Butterball. This recipe makes 8 servings.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped celery (or make it
more exciting with fennel instead)
- 3 minced green onions
- 1/4 cup chutney
- 1/2 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 4 split, toasted whole wheat English muffins
(see our review of Wolferman’s)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- Optional: 2 tablespoons chopped fresh
- Optional: Sliced tomatoes
Make a turkey melt with that leftover turkey.
1. Combine turkey, celery, green onions and chutney. Stir in mayonnaise to bind. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Preheat broiler.
3. Arrange English muffin halves on a baking sheet. Top with tomato, then add turkey mixture and top with cheese.
4. Broil a few inches from source of heat for 3 to 4 minutes until hot and bubbling. Serve with coleslaw.
Related Food Videos: For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.